We are excited you are considering joining the Junior League of Richmond. If you are looking for an organization where you can make a difference in the greater Richmond community, try new things, build your existing talents and meet new friends with common interests, then the Junior League of Richmond is the right place for you!
The Junior League of Richmond is open to women who possess an interest in voluntarism, a commitment to community service, and an interest in developing their potential through effective action and leadership.
If you are interested in joining the League, please contact Join@jlrichmond.org to be notified about future recruitment events and League news.
Benefits to Membership:
- Training for effective community leadership
- Insights into community needs and opportunities to contribute to solutions
- Interaction and partnership with community leaders
- Exposure to creative techniques in problem solving, communication and the administration of non-profit agencies
- New friends and opportunities for continued growth and fulfillment
Attend an Open House:
While this is not mandatory, we find it to be helpful to “Get to Know the JLR” by attending one of our recruitment open houses. Our Spring 2018 open house dates are below and will be held at the Mayo-Carter House (205 W. Franklin Street Richmond, VA 23220).
- Tuesday, February 6th (Tuesday) – 6:00pm
- March 24th (Saturday)—11:00am
- April 25th (Wednesday)—6:00pm
- May 16th (Wednesday)—6:00pm
Apply to be a New Member:
Participate in your New Member Year:
New members joining the League will enter as part of a New Member class. During your New Member year, you learn how the JLR gives back to the Richmond community through the projects it supports, utilize training and education opportunities, and make lifelong friends with other League members.