Frequently Asked Questions:
The 2020 DRIVE THRU FORMAT
- How long does the Drive Thru Touch a Truck experience take? We anticipate Drive Thru Touch a Truck will take between 30 minutes and an hour.
- How will my child “explore” the trucks? While driving through the event, children will be able to see the vehicles, trucks, and equipment up close from the car. We encourage you to roll down your windows and have as much fun from the safety of your vehicle as you would like! A link to a multimedia video with information on our vehicles, trucks, and equipment will be provided upon entrance to the event so that during the drive thru experience children are able to learn more about each vehicle. We encourage you to connect your phone to audio in your vehicle to hear all about the vehicles, trucks, and equipment. You will need the ability to access the internet from your phone as the Junior League of Richmond is unable to provide internet access at Richmond Raceway. This video and other clips will remain available to you to watch over and over after you attend the event.
- Will we be allowed to get out of the vehicle? For the safety of participants and volunteers, all participants must remain inside their vehicles. We will provide a photo opportunity during Drive Thru Touch a Truck so that your family can memorialize the event!
- Will bathrooms be available? As the safety of our participants and volunteers is of the utmost importance, we will not be providing bathrooms for attendees driving through the event.
- What are the limitations of a ticket purchase? Each ticket purchase ($35 per vehicle) is valid for one vehicle to enter Drive Thru Touch a Truck. Bring your largest vehicle and stuff as many family members in as you see fit!
- What is included in our ticket purchase? Entrance of 1 vehicle to the event; our signature plastic hard hats for each child in the vehicle; access to our multimedia video and clips for your children to explore our vehicles, trucks, and equipment; giveaways from our event sponsors and participants; and a special 15th Annual Touch a Truck coloring book for each child in the vehicle.
- May I drive through multiple times? Due to time constraints and ticketed time slots to allow as many families as possible to see this event, each ticket will only allow for one entry to the event.
- Did the event location move? The event will once again be held at the Richmond Raceway, but participants will enter through a different gate. Drive Thru Touch a Truck will begin at Gate 4 near the intersection of Laburnum Ave and Carolina Ave. Do NOT enter through the Main Gate to access Drive Thru Touch a Truck.
- Will food and drink be available for purchase? We are working to provide access to food and drink vendors during the Drive Thru Touch a Truck experience. Stay tuned for more details!
- Will birthday party packages be available this year? Yes, please stay tuned for more details as we work on some great options for birthday parties that are safe for your attendees. Contact our Touch a Truck Chair with any questions at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Due to the changing nature of COVID-19, we will update these FAQs as necessary. Please check back occasionally for new information.