Boots to Suits

A Community Partner since 2014

What is Boots to Suits?

Boots to Suits, an independent 501(c)(3) charitable organization, is a clothing voucher program for male and female Virginia veterans transitioning from military life to civilian careers.  It is administered by Junior League of Richmond’s The Clothes Rack at Stratford Hills. Boots to Suits provides veterans with two complimentary career outfits, enabling them to look and feel their best for job interviews and non-military work environments. Military spouses who are job-seeking and the primary household provider are also eligible for this opportunity.

I am a veteran. How can I receive a voucher?

Boots to Suits works with veteran service providers to distribute clothing vouchers to military clients. Program partners include:

As the program grows, Boots to Suits will include additional veteran service organizations, expanding our reach to transitioning soldiers.

Fitting appointments are required for voucher redemption. They are available Monday- Thursday, 10am-4pm at The Clothes Rack at Stratford Hills. Call Mark Gaddis at 804.323.6270 to schedule yours! Please be prepared to give your sizes so that appropriate clothing selections will be available upon your arrival.

What can I donate to Boots to Suits?

We accept business suiting and casual attire for men and women, including:

• dress pants & khakis
  • button-up shirts, polo shirts & blouses
  • dresses & skirts
  • sweaters
  • blazers
  • ties & belts
  • shoes

Donations should be clean, current styles, and in good/ excellent condition. The Clothes Rack also accepts other clothing items for women, men, and children, as well as jewelry, home decor and light furniture.

Your donation is tax-deductible!

You will receive a tax receipt for your clothing donation. Amounts used for tax deductions are the donor’s responsibility and should represent Fair Market Value. Resale values are typically 10% of an item’s original retail value but may vary according to age, quality, and condition. The Clothes Rack may not offer appraisal services. Please visit the IRS website for information on valuing donations and claiming charitable deductions.

Tax-deductible contributions are also needed to support program activities such as dry cleaning, purchasing new undergarments, and operating supplies! Your donation may be mailed to: Boots to Suits, 205 West Franklin Street, Richmond, VA, 23220.

Donation Location:

The Clothes Rack at Stratford Hills
6780 Forest Hills Avenue
Richmond, VA  23225
804.323.6270                                             Open to the Public
Monday- Saturday
10am – 6pm

I am a volunteer service provider. How do I partner with Boots to Suits?

Hold a donation drive in your workplace, neighborhood or church. For information on organizing a clothing drive, email Sue Farrell.

How can I volunteer to help?

If your organization serves transitioning veterans and would like to distribute vouchers, please email Mark Gaddis, The Clothes Rack’s Director of Retail Operations, or call 804.323.6270.

Boots to Suits is participating in the

Dominion Energy Charity Classic 

Birdies for Charity Program!

The PGA will add 10% to all donations generated by Boots to Suits.

Buy a Birdie to support Boots to Suits HERE!

Thank you for your support!

Boots to Suits is an independent 501(c)(3) charitable organization and a Community Partner of Junior League of Richmond.